Monday, August 13, 2012

Bulletin Board Brainstorm

I've been spending some time in my classroom this past week.  For the most part, everything has been coming together nicely.  However, I've been really stuck on what to do with one bulletin board.  Last year, it was a fun fact board and students contributed their own facts to the board.  They had a lot of fun with it, and I liked it because it was interactive.  The only thing I didn't like about it was I never really knew about the validity of the facts.  As a middle school teacher, I'm constantly reminding students to use good sources when looking for information and with this interactive board I wasn't able to monitor that.  Luckily, tonight I came across 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules and came across a great idea for a fun and interactive bulletin board (among many other great ideas).  I am going theme the bulletin board as Wonderopolis.  This website provides tidbits of random information that I think my students would really enjoy.  I haven't gotten it all figured out, but I think I'll post a wonder and have student find a new fact about that wonder and post it on the board.  This way, the bulletin board is still interactive, but there is more guidance for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment