Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Technology

So this year my school received 20 iPads.  On Friday, each teacher got to take home an iPad to explore and download some free apps.  Needless to say, the iPad kept me busy this weekend.  I found some fun apps that I am going to share with the other teachers at my school.  I think my favorite app that I found is call Educreations.  Basically, it allows you to record writing/drawing while speaking and save it.  Then someone else can go listen/watch your recording.  I thought this would be great for my middle school students.  Immediately, I thought of using it as an assessment tool in math.  I could have a student solve a problem and talk through it and save it.  Then I could go back and have a deeper understanding of how well the student comprehends the concept.  Students could also use this app to teach each other concepts.  Because as we discussed at our workshop last week, students retain the most information when they teach it to someone else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment