Friday, August 31, 2012

Puzzle Piece Bulletin Board


Yay!  I am so excited to blog about student work and things we've been doing in the classroom!  This week got better with each day and my class is beginning to show more and more personality...thank goodness!  We have back to school night next Wednesday which is basically a chance to meet parents, explain expectations, and attempt to have student projects displayed.  Two weeks of school is barely any time to have projects finished and displayed, but I think I managed pretty well this year.  I had my students write "I am..." poems.  They are poems that allow students to share their feelings, likes, interests, fears, and hopes by simply plugging them into a simple template.  It surprises me how much I learn about each student by simply reading these poems.  Anyways, they emailed me their poem and I sized them so that they would fit on a puzzle piece that will soon be on a bulletin board.  The next day, they glued their poems to the puzzle piece and worked together to put the jumbo puzzle together which turned out to be a good team building activity.  Some of the puzzle pieces are pictured below.  I wanted to laminate them, but it was just too hot at school today and it was Friday :) so it's now on my Monday morning to-do list.  I can't wait to put them on the bulletin board once they are laminated!

No comments:

Post a Comment